Asha Ali Abdi
Wound Specialist Nurse, Sheikh Shakhbout Medical City, UAE.
- A compassionate Registered Nurse with extensive professional experience in surgical specialty and wound management.
- She has extensive knowledge and clinical proficiency in the Medical-Surgical field with a special interest in plastics, orthopedics, and trauma, including wound management and clinical research and education.
- She completed her nursing studies at institute of nursing in Abu Dhabi in 2003 with distinct recognitions.
- She continued her post-graduate certification- International Interprofessional Wound Care Course (IIWCC) from University of Toronto - Abu Dhabi in 2019 and completed her Master’s Degree in Clinical Skin Integrity and Wound Management at the University of Hertfordshire in the UK in 2020.
- Together with her colleagues, she pioneered the establishment of the First In-Patient Wound Care Service at Mafraq Hospital in 2018 and carried the transition throughout SSMC.
- Currently serving as a Wound specialist nurse in Wound Management Service at SSMC.
- With a great passion for knowledge sharing and empowerment of Tissue Viability Link Nurses, she is also an active contributor and a resource person in various hospital-wide quality initiatives and serves as member of nursing advisory committee in Seha & Diabetic foot working group in UAE.